In case of a car accident, car insurance protects the driver from the high cost of fixing the vehicle or the car of another driver. Car insurance is often required for all drivers in many countries. Usually, full coverage provides the best protection, however you can also get the coverage on third party or liability insurance.
When you purchasing car insurance, there are several important requirements: you must be of legal age, that obviously varies from country to country (16 to 18 years old), you should have a valid driving license and also have your car. In most cases, if you buying a car, you can also purchase insurance from the same agency, but sometime it is good to shop around in order to find the best prices.
Try at least to get 3 or 4 car insurance quotes in order to have a better overall picture of the situation so that you will be able to find the best coverage and the best price. Once you have decided, it is necessary to register your car with the necessary documents, including car insurance policy, and get the license plates.
Car insurance can be purchased if you do not own a vehicle, but often rent cars or use your friends and parents vehicles. However, this kind of car insurance policy is quite expensive, and it focuses mainly on the car. If the damage is more serious and not completely covered by your insurance, the remaining uncovered damage becomes entirely your responsibility.
There are several good tips to find the best and low-cost car insurance:
- Maintain clean driver license, accident and collision free history. Try to avoid traffic fines. Careful and reliable drivers get the best price.
- Having previous car insurance policies will be your reliability factor, and will certainly put in a very favorable light. Try do not make insurance protection gaps: try to renew insurance coverage constantly. Do not stay uncovered.
- Get more details about accident prevention.
- Choose a modest car. Luxury cars have the most expensive car insurance.
- If you have more than one car, purchase a combined coverage, so you can save a lot of money.
- If you live outside large cities, you can get a much cheaper car insurance coverage.
Insurance companies have different ways of assessment and guidelines. If you decide to apply for a policy, learn more about the agency's requirements, so you understand which group of applicants you belong to. It is important to keep your driving history clean, as the company can easy to look back to check three or more years. They will be checking your credit history, your previous car insurance and vehicle records (tickets, collisions, etc.). If you have clean driving history and drive safe, and you always have your car up to date (e.g. using anti-theft devices, airbags) companies can give you some discounts.
Before choosing the car insurance policy, check the insurance company you are buying from. Usually, it is very important that insurance company has the full credibility on the insurance market and has many sympathetic rebates. Some people prefer an insurance company that close to the house or work, that don't offer best rates, but allows to make payments on time.